Recipe Certified by Natvia
Preparation: 15 minutes, Cooking: 30 minutes
These are so delicious you won’t believe they are a no sugar, low GI alternative to the traditional recipe with all the goodness of 100% wholegrain flour.
- 1 ½ cups wholemeal plain flour*
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon Natvia
- 2 eggs
- 60g butter or baking margarine, softened
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 cup grated apple
- ½ cup sultanas
- Preheat oven to 190˚C conventional/170˚ C fan forced. Grease a 12-hole muffin tin.
- Place flour, baking powder, cinnamon and Natvia in large bowl; mix well.
- Peel the apple and grate.
- Lightly beat eggs in a small bowl; stir in butter and milk.
- Add to flour mixture with apple and sultanas; stir with metal spoon until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tins.
- Bake for about 20 min (10-15 min for mini muffins), until skewer in centre comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
Tips and Tricks
- wholemeal plain flour* OR ¾ cup wholemeal ¾ cup white self raising flour for a lighter “store-bought cake/ muffin” texture
- Serve plain or with butter/margarine and Natvia Sugarless Jam.