Recipe Certified by Natvia
Preparation: 10 minutes, Cooking: 10 minutes
- 100g broccoli stems, diced or grated
- 100g zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced (about 100g)
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon vegemite
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoon Natvia
- salt, cracked pepper
- oil for shallow frying
- rolled oats/wheatgerm optional
- Steam or pan fry broccoli, zucchini, onion and garlic until soft.
- Transfer to a bowl, combine with ½ tin of diced tomatoes and all remaining ingredients.
- Process or mash together, adding remaining tomatoes and liquid to hold the mix together.
- Add extra wheat germ or rolled oats to bind if mix is too runny.
- Shape the mixture into patties and lightly coat in flour or wheatgerm if desired (not necessary).
- Fry patties in oil, taking care when turning over. As all ingredients are pre-cooked the patties don’t need more than 1-2 minutes per side.
Tips and Tricks
- Use Vegemite, rather than Promite, marmite, mighty mite or generic copies as they can contain up to 20% more sugar.
- Use wheatgerm or flour for coating