Preparation: 15 minutes, Cooking: 20 minutes
- 3-4 teaspoon Natvia
- 3-4 teaspoon olive oil + 1-2 teaspoon hot water, as required
- 3 teaspoon Dijon or mild English mustard*
- 1-2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (about 5g)
- 450-500g ocean trout fillet
- Preheat oven to 175 ˚C (conventional)
- Blend all seasonings together in a small bowl.**
- Place in a greased medium baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 min until the fish just begins to flake or less/more according to taste.
Tips and Tricks
- Dijon or mild English mustard*: check it’s sugar free
- **Adding the extra hot water if too dry to “brush”. It should be about the consistency of yoghurt. Brush evenly over the trout.
- OPTIONAL COOKING METHOD: Try it wrapped in foil and steam baked in oven or cooked under the grill. This method gives a juicier fleshed fish and tastes more like the fish has been marinated in the flavours. It doesn’t result in a semi-crispy tangy crust as the unwrapped method described above.