Preparation: 15 minutes, Cooking: 20 minutes
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Natvia
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, finely grated
- 4 beef scotch fillet steaks
- 2 small cobs of corn, husks removed
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100g rocket
- ¼ red onion, thinkly sliced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat a BBQ or grill pan to a medium high heat.
- Whisk all marinade ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Add steaks and marinate while preparing salad.
- Brush the corn and tomatoes with 2 of the 3 tablespoons of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and place on the grill/in pan.
- Cook the tomatoes for 4-5 mins or until their skins start to blister then remove from grill.
- Cook the corn for 8-10min or until golden brown on all sides.
- Remove from grill to cool. Once cool enough to handle, use a large sharp knife to cut kernels from cob. Set aside.
- Remove steaks from bowl and shake off excess marinade.
- Put onto BBQ/in grill pan and cook undisturbed for 2 mins.
- Turn the steaks clockwise a quarter turn and cook a further 2 mins (for criss-cross pattern), then flip and repeat on the other side for med-rare. Remove from heat and rest, lightly covered with foil, for 4 mins.
- Toss corn, tomatoes, rocket and onions in a large mixing bowl with 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar and remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Season with salt and cracked black pepper to taste, and divide the salad among 4 serving plates.
- Slice each steak into thin strips and put on each plate with salad.
- Drizzle steaks with any remaining juices and serve immediately.