Preparation: 40 minutes, Cooking: 30 minutes
- ½ cup adzuki red beans
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ tablespoon cornflour
- ½ cup Natvia
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Soak the beans overnight in plenty of cool water.
- The next morning, drain off the water, rinse the beans and drain again.
- Place the beans together with 4 cups of water in a pot.
- Bring to boil, and then turn down the heat.
- Cover and simmer for approximately 1.5 hours until the red bean soup mixture is reduced to just 2 cups.
- Add Natvia and stir while bringing mixture to boil. Reduce heat to a simmer again.
- Mash the beans against the side of the pot with a spatula or spoon until the texture of the red bean soup is thick and lumpy.
- In a bowl, add salt and cornflour to coconut milk and stir thoroughly until there are no more lumps.
- Add the coconut milk solution gradually into the red beans, stirring until well-mixed. Remove from heat.
- When the mixture has cooled down, give it a thorough whisk, then pour into ice cream moulds and freeze for 6 hours or until firm.
Tips and Tricks
- This ice cream is best served when just frozen. If it becomes too hard, let it soften slightly in the fridge or at room temperature before consuming.