Preparation: 10 minutes, Cooking: 130 minutes
- 900g stewing lamb/beef, diced
- 25g butter
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 x 425g tinned tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Natvia
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 300 ml natural yoghurt or sour cream
Optional: sprig of fresh rosemary
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the paprika, onions and garlic.
- Add the meat and stir over a low heat until the meat has browned.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, Natvia, salt and rosemary, cover and simmer gently for 2 hours.*
- Just before serving, cool slightly then stir in the yoghurt or sour cream off the heat and stir well.
Tips and Tricks
- *Stew steak until the meat is tender, or just till meat done for more tender cuts.
- Serve with rice or try it as a pasta sauce.
- Also great with Asian Udon noodles or dolloped on top of jacket potatoes with green salad.