Recipe Certified by Natvia
Preparation: 10 minutes, Cooking: 10 minutes
- lemon juice (use 3 medium lemons)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Natvia
- salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper
- 2 cups cooked Freekeh
- 1 cup roasted red capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 cup grilled eggplant, chopped
- 1 bunch rocket, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- Put all dressing ingredients in a large jar and shake until well mixed.
- Toss all salad ingredients together.
- Coat lightly with dressing, toss thoroughly and serve at room temperature as a side dish.
Tips and Tricks
- Cooked Freekeh (racked grain or wholegrain): 1 cup dried Freekeh yields 3.5 cups cooked Freekeh. See packet for cooking method.
- If you aren’t lucky enough to have access to Freekeh in your area, never fear, just substitute in burghul, cracked wheat or even good old couscous.